鲍世莹副会长主持了庆祝活动，钟荫南致辞，然后全体起立，面对国旗，高唱美国国歌。合唱队演唱了两首歌曲《America, the beautiful》《西風的話》，舞蹈队表演了舞蹈《纽约、纽约》，节目受到了会友们的热烈称赞。他們冒著酷熱的天氣，熱情洋溢地表演為節日帶來歡樂氣氛。最后大家尽情享用了美味匹萨和櫻桃。
1. Alex的太極班：時間維持10:30 am開始。
3. 中國舞蹈班由楊淑媖代課，時間為每星期四下午12:30 pm開始。
1. July 4th is the National Day of the United States. Members of the Greenburgh Evergreen Club gathered in the courtyard on July 3rd and held a celebration in advance. Under the careful planning of the board members of the Evergreen Club, the activities were enthusiastic and enjoyable. The weather was very hot that day. Due to the problem of indoor wiring, the air conditioner could not be operated. The activities could only be held outdoors, but dozens of members still came early and placed dozens of chairs neatly on the site facing the heat waves. Finally, the audio equipment was put in place too, just waiting for the activity begin. Brenda and Kathy, vice presidents, bought the fruit and bottled water and distributed it to everyone first. Wendy Wang was very hard for everyone to order 25 boxes of pizza and delivered them herself to the venue in time.
Vice President Brenda presided over the celebration, Chung Yamnam made a speech, and then all stood up, facing the national flag, singing the American national anthem. The chorus sang two songs "America, the beautiful", "The West Wind". The dance team performed the dance "New York, New York". The programs were warmly praised by the members. Their enthusiastic performances brought joy to the festival. Finally, everyone enjoyed the delicious pizza and cherry.
2. The club began the summer activities starting from June 26. The main event is in the small courtyard, and the main courses were held at the Greenburgh Public Library. This series of arrangements were already in place. The process of moving on the 26th was also very smooth. Everyone tried their best as their own home. They came early to the center at 8:30. Under Mary's coordinated arrangement, Sun Guojun, Ling Qiu, Pan Zushan, Li Zhiqing, Chen Qingna, Li Huiying, and so on, were quickly and orderly, properly to move the stuff. Thanks to them for their diligence and harmony virtues, we are worthy of learning and encouragement.
3. With the strong support of the Greenburgh Public library, arranging various activities in the Library, such as two English classes, painting classes, Tai Chi classes, dance classes and other activities smoothly launched, and Vice President Kathy Liu as the English translation. In addition to the active participation of our members, local people who are not members came also to participate in the courses. That also adds a lot to the summer activities of the Library.
Some corrections for next week's event:
1. Alex's Tai Chi class: Time to start at 10:30 am every Thursday.
2. Mimi's English class was temporarily replaced by Yang Shuzhen, due to Mimi's leave.
3. The Chinese dance class is hosted by Yang Shuzhen, starting at 12:30 pm every Thursday.
4. The singing class is suspended. After the field is resolved, the class will be resumed.
Editor: Li Ruiqi, Chung Yamnam
Note: The website "gecny.com" can see the photo of the event of the Evergreen Club.
註 ： 上述論壇為會員們的投稿，有關內容和觀點不代表長青會的觀點和立場。