Art的英語班: 9:00 am ~ 10:30am 。
講座為10:00 am ~ 12:00 am。
繪畫班：9:00 am ~ 10:00 am及12:00 noon ~ 1:00 pm
施嘉陵的太極： 12:00 noon ~ 1:00 pm
編織班：1:00 am ~ 2:00 pm.
Song Zhu Yuan - 309
1. July 4th is the National Day of the United States. Members of the Greenburgh Evergreen Club gathered in the courtyard on July 3rd and held a celebrat
The Committee of the Evergreen held its 6th meeting of this year at 10 am on August 7. The meeting was hosted by the president, YN Chung. The participants were also Brenda Sun, Kathy Liu, Ma Ronghua, Wendy Wang and Li Ruiqi.
Location: Villa Activity Room
The content of the meeting:
1. Brenda Sun introduced the series of lectures and progress related to the life, health and law of the elderly. It is also cooperation with WCC.
If the lecture is fixed every Tuesday morning, then the schedule of other courses and events on this day will be adjusted. Beginning from October, the Evergreen Club will be opened from 9 am to 2 pm. The preliminary plan is as follows:
Art's English class: 9:00 am ~ 10:30am.
The lecture is from 10:00 am to 12:00 am.
Painting class: 9:00 am ~ 10:00 am and 12:00 noon ~ 1:00 pm
Shi Jialing's Tai Chi: 12:00 noon ~ 1:00 pm
Knitting class: 1:00 pm ~ 2:00 pm.
The activities on Thursday are unchanged.
2. Kathy Liu introduced and conceived the situation of the Volunteer organization arranging the car to pick up the elderly to the center. Due to the lack of volunteers, it is necessary to make an appointment one week in advance, and there is no guarantee that it will be available every time. They can't pick up from house to house, and can only set to pick up at regular intervals. However, in the current situation, to maintain the status quo is advisable.
3. The Mid-Autumn Festival of this is on September 24th. The GEC will celebrate the Festival on September 25th (Tuesday, at 10:30 am). The festival will hold the birthday party and luncheon for birthday members of Jul, Aug and Sep at the same time. The luncheon will still be Chinese buffet. Each of birthday members will receive a pretty gift and each participant will receive a moon cake. The moon cake will be purchased by Brenda Sun and Ma Ronghua. The buffet will be booked by Wendy Wang. Participant should be enrolled and pay 3 dollars to Wu Kangping. The birthday members will be exempted. YN Chung and Kathy Liu will purchase the gifts.
4. We are going to organize a day trip in the fall, and contact the TDYCC to send a car. We hope the members would actively give a good suggestion and location. We are initially considering going to the West Point Military Academy, where the scenery is beautiful, there are mountains and river. You can also enjoy the red leaves, but also a good opportunity for photographers to hunt for the lens.
5. Remind to everyone:
A. There is a first aid training course at the Greenburgh Public Library from 2pm to 4pm on August 17th (Friday).
B. There is a very fun fair for aging at Valhalla, on Sep 12, Wednesday at 10 am – 2 pm. The Livable Communities Village Fair will have many activities for music, movement, discussion, interactive learning and fun with inspired thinkers and does from across Westchester County. Free admission and on-site parking. Complimentary light lunch (There are some subsidies for applicants). TDYCC provides transportation and is limited to 15 persons. Please register with Wendy Wang Xiaowen or Ma Ronghua (in the center) early. Please see the more detail in attached flyer.
Address: Mount Pleasant Community Center, 125 Lozza Drive, Valhalla.
6. The last flower arrangement event was welcomed by the participants. All material costs are sponsored by Tzu Chi. Thanks for their charity and spirit.
Editor: Ruiqi Li, YN Chung.
註 ： 上述論壇為會員們的投稿，有關內容和觀點不代表長青會的觀點和立場。